In this titillating episode we cover pretty much everything you dreamed about last night. Wait, what!? Not that dream you freak! You need professional help!
On another note we had our fan Mike call into the show! We discussed the Carrier IQ disaster alongside other technological tidbits.
- Our special guest, Mike, has prepared a collection of links for the show. Please check these links in addition to the ones below!
- Carrier IQ disaster, a running log (see updates below short article):
- The wiki:
- A Carrier IQ press release following the debacle PR.20111212.pdf :
- Al Franken Inquiry & Carrier IQ response breakdown:
- How to remove (bottom of article, for Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch):
- Carrier IQ in the iPhone:
- …but on in iOS5:
From there we touched upon mobile OS’s, an ADD depth onto the awesome PeerBlock software, then moved the discussion to Iran’s jihad (GPS exploit) on our Drone. I’m tired of posting links so if you want more info on the Iran jacking drone lmgtfy.com/?q=Iran+drone. Then I recapped the supposed water utility hack. Finally we got to Ben’s sniffing packets on a local network tutorial.
- And then an awesome Zelda rap battle:
Sam mentions some funny ftp login attempts, I ADD’d onto the awesome backup service Backblaze ($4/month). Then Sam recaps on Eric Reis’s awesome book The Lean Startup. Followed by another tangent into MD5 hashing and why you shouldn’t use it; check your favorite password MD5′d against this database of cracked hashes/passwords distributedmd5.com
- An entertaining video is always good advertising:
- Michael Arrington wants you to work for him: