Interview with Kyle Ellicott, Founder of the Stained Glass Labs Incubator
Kyle is an acomplished entreprenuer and jokingly says all he had to do to start his incubator was: “sign a piece of paper, call a few people and boom it happened!”.
Everybody in the SF Area check out the GLAZED conference happening on SEPTEMBER 28-30, 2013.
Here are some of the interview questions:
- Will wearable technology always need my smartphone?
- Do you think we will get to the point of a Brain-Computer interface being mainstream?
- Do you envision Bitcoin intersecting with wearable technology?
- Battery life / energy harvesting
- When you’re looking at startup teams, are you more concerned with the idea and story, or things they’ve already been able to execute?
- Does outsourcing turn you off when looking at startups?
- What is the most ridiculous “slide ware” you’ve ever seen?
- If somebody wanted to pitch to you, what would be the best approach?
- Did you go to college? if so did it prepare you for what you’re doing today?
- Who is one person who really influenced, your “Hero”?
Ron Conway, Warren Buffett, Jim Cramer, Kyle’s Father and Grandfather
(Cramer’s book: Confessions of a Street Addict)
- Call to action for anything you are excited about?
After the interview Merrick shares a registration for https://codepub.org which we talked about in the last episode:
Sign up for codepub today!
Music: DC Breaks, Skism – Killer Ft. Dee Freer (Tantrum Desire Remix)